Saturday, 2 March 2013

February Favourites


Didn't February just fly by?! I barely had time to actually use a product alot. However here I bring to you 11 products that I have reached for quite a bit in February.

Firstly, The Illamasqua eyeshadow in Shiver. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be on sale any more which is such a shame as it is a lovely shimmery champagne powder. I've been using this as a highlighter recently and it blends really really and gives a nice glow.

For my eyes I've just been reaching for the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin. Whilst this makes a great base for other colours, it actually looks really nice on its own and obviously, as a primer, it doesn't crease or smudge. It is basically perfect for a quick on the go look.

Maybelline Gel Liner in brown. Ah, I've gone back to gel from liquid, that was a quick foray into something new but unfortunately in the morning I can never be bothered with liquid and gel is just far more convenient. What is great about this gel liner is that it's only 7.99 and so far this little pot has last me a year..! It has great staying powder, is easy to apply and has a creamy texture.

 I used to adore that gal from Benefit, I bought bottle after bottle of this when I was 19-20. But after going through about 4 bottles with nothing bad to say about it, I suddenly went off it and a half finished bottle sat untouched for a while. Well I randomly picked it up at the start of the month and have started blending it in with foundation (using a seperate primer) and I have completely fallen back in love with it.

Ah, now I went a bit Archies Girls mad at the start of the month, read my review of the Cream Soda blush right here.


I received Benefits Foxy Lady in a gift set last year, I have only just realised how completely beautiful a shade it is. It is a beautiful rose with violet glitter running through it, on the lips it looks sheer and really interesting in the light. Swatched on top of most lipsticks, this is an absolute treat.

Another lipgloss? Really. This is the Anatomicals Strawberry Milkshade lipgloss. I can't find a link for it so i'm not sure if it is no longer on sale. I received this in a glossybox a few months ago and haven't really put it down since, it smells delicious and gives a lovely shine to the lips.

Sugar Crush Body Wash has been pretty popular recently, its easy to see why- it smells delicious. With hints of lime and kiwi it is fruity and fresh but oh so sweet at the same time, to me it smells like key lime pie. It is also really nourishing and bubbles up lots as well as cleaning the skin- perfect shower gel really! I like to use this at night before I go to bed.

Ah, now i'm a bit late to the Batiste game, I know that plenty of girls have loved this for years but I have only recently got into it. Simply spray through dirty hair, give it a rub and you're good to go. It also adds volume and it smells so good.

My new favourite moisturiser is the raspberry soft cream from Docteur Renaud it smells gorgeous. It is like raspberry yogurt and is so fresh, the smell lasts for ages! It also hydrates and tightens the skin and sinks in super quick. Packed full of natural ingredients, this would be great for sensitive skin It is pricey at 24.95 but I highly reccomend this to anyone who is searching for a new moisturiser. They look like they have a really great range, so I will definitely be picking up a few more things from them.

The Monu Eye Cool Gel is a product from a glossybox ages ago, I sort of cast it aside as I generally don't like gels- mainly because I hate being cold and gels are cold..! But this month I had a viral infection that left me absolutely knackered, I was waking up with puffy eyes as a result and I have been using this before work to help reduce the puffyness and its really worked! It also makes a really great base for concealer.

What have you been loving this month?

8 comments:

  1. I love sugar rush, I use it usually before I head to work to wake me up a little. I can't stand using it mind if I'm not feeling too well or hungover. The smell is rather alcoholic smelling but you hit the nail on the head, it does smell like key lime pie! :D

    I love the lip glosses you spoke about, especially the strawberry one. It sounds really yummy, just a shame they might not stock it anymore. :(

    Great monthly favourites post hun. ^_^

    www.brokenprophetblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it at night, I like the nice sweet scent as i'm going to sleep && use a minty one in the morning :) I never noticed the alcoholic whiff before but after reading this I had a good sniff and I see what you mean :)

      xxxxx

      Delete
  2. The raspberry cream looks really interesting. Will have to have a browse for that :) lovely post!!

    Love Emily xx

    http://love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. their whole range looks really lovely & the raspberry cream is delicious :) I reccomend xxx

      Delete
  3. The Archie Girl blush looks amazing; I need to get my mitts on something from that collection! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you really do, it's such a lovely collection- I think i'm going to go back for more xxx

      Delete
  4. Great reviews! I've been meaning to try Sugar Crush so I might buy it now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try the sugar crush range, it sounds amazing :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!