Monday, 4 March 2013

Barry M Textured Nail Paint- Kingsland Road and Ridley Road

Photo of barry m ridley road in bottle
Photo of Barry M Textured Polish in Ridley Road Swatched on Nails
picture of barry m kingsland road
Barry M kingsland road swatched on nails

Nail innovation seems to have taked another interesting direction for 2013 and we are seeing different interesting textured surfaces and bigger brands catching up with indie brands. This is the latest offering from Barry M- textured nail effect.

I picked this up in two shades: Ridley Road- a sweet ballet pink and Kingsland Road- mint green. Both shades are opaque in two coats and have a fairly average consistency (you know, not too thick not too thin... just right!). 

In the nail paint you can see that there are little bits of grit, but these don't really affect the application process- it is only when it begins to dry you see the surface become uneven and texturised. The product doesn't need a top coat on it- it will smooth the surface and you will loose the grit effect. 

Personally i'm not sure if i'm the biggest fan of the texturised finish, it's a cool idea but I kind of think that it just looks like I didn't let my nails dry before bed and I ended up with sheet prints. I'm also not sure if other people would 'get it' and may just think that they are a bit messy. 

However for 4.99 each you get a nice, cheap, effect to play around with and you can always smooth it out with a top coat. Currently, they are on offer at Superdrug, 2 for £6.00.

Have you tried this? What did you think?
 

 


11 comments:

  1. I haven't tried mine out yet but I love the colours, so if I don't like the grit ill just pop on a trip coat to smooth it out like you said :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've ended up putting a top coat on every time I've worn it so far! Shame but I'm really not a fan of the texture xxxx

      Delete
  2. I love these colours but I am not so sure on the fact they are gritty! Odd concept.. I still want to try the Nails Inc leather ones! :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been told that the leather effect really isn't worth the money!! let me know if you like it but I think i'll be steering clear xxx

      Delete
  3. The colours are beaut - I quite want to try these out and give them a go, but I think you're right, alot of people could easily just think they haven't dried right haha! Justine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, honestly I keep smoothing it over with a top coat because I think it looks too messy haha! xx

      Delete
  4. Kingsland Rd looks beautiful on you

    Roxy's Box of Tricks  
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, the mint-coloured one is gorgeous, and they're a great price. I will have to check them out :) xx

    Ji Ji Kiki discount code.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a lovely fresh colour isn't it, I love the colour but not the texture! xxx

      Delete
  6. I still can't decide whether I want to try this out, I love the colours but I don't know whether I'd like the texture. :\ xx

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!