Sunday, 10 February 2013

MAC- Archie's Girls Collection- Cream Soda Blush


Cream Soda Blush- Archie's Girls Collection by MAC- £19.00.

The second of my purchases from the much anticipated Archie's Girls collection is the Cream Soda blush from the Betty collection. I'm a huge fan of blusher but I haven't ever bought a MAC blusher, surprising as I have only ever heard good things about them, but my MAC blush virginity has gone and is replaced with this beautifully sweet shade.

The packaging is just incredible, it's so cute and kitsch that my mum has already tried to steal it. With an image of betty on the front, it is clear that this shade is for the more girl next door look and the clear window means that the product is visable- perfect if like me, you end up opening loads of packaging before finding what you're looking for.

The colour itself is a lovely soft coral which blends out to a satin peach finish. It gives good colour pay off so be careful when applying, but it is easy to blend and and gives a photo finish warmth. In the pan it has a very slight shimmer to it but applies as matte, perfect to blend into a bronzer for that contoured look.

I can see myself wearing this shade alot especially as we start to get more into spring/summer where I prefer a glow to a flush on my face.

I am wearing this with Laura Mercier Radiance Primer, YSL Touche Eclat foundation in beige rose, Estee Lauder Double Wear in porcelain, Nars Laguna Bronzer, YSL Mascara, Benefit Browzings, Urban Decays Naked 2 and Maybelline Lipstick in Coral Pearl.

Have you bought this, are you considering it?
Archie's Girls is exclusive until the 19th on the selfridges website.

12 comments:

  1. I love the name of this blush, and I love how natural it looks. Sometimes blush makes me look slightly clownish, but this is really up my street!
    Great review.

    x

    www.whatmakesrach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem, the problems with being a bit pale hey! but this does just give a nice natural glow :) x

      Delete
  2. The packaging for these is so adorable! I love MAC but I never tend to buy their limited edition products. I might just have to check this range out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't tend to go for limited editions either but I just couldn't resist this!

      Delete
  3. I don't know what's more cute, the packaging for this or your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw aren't you a sweetie! Jaymie designed my header, her details are in my 'about me' section xx

      Delete
  4. That's so lovely xx

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks gorgeous on you!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the name of this. So tempted.x

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!