Thursday, 3 January 2013

Illamasqua- Eyes and Nails Mystery Selection Box.


Sales shopping has been a bit more that a bit rubbish this year for me and I haven't picked up many things. This, however, was one of the first items that I knew I had to have and with a massive £11.67 off the original price it is definitely a bargain. Featuring 6 full sized products, this box was a bit of a gamble- you know two of the products that you will get: Liquid Eyeliner in Glisten and Liquid Metal in 'Electrum'. Along with this you know you will get two eyeshadows and two nail varnishes. The nail varnishes that I received are the shades 'Shrapnel' (a shimmery bronzed orange) and 'Faux Pas' (a matte mid tone purple'. The eyeshadows that I received are 'Never' (a matte navy) and 'Shiver' (a glorious irredesent cream). 

So is it worth the price and the gamble? Personally, I am glad that I went for it. Illamasqua is my ultimate favourite makeup company but their products are very pricey, although it is a risk (you could HATE all the products) at £3.88 a product it is well worth it. Personally I am really happy that I have purchased and particularly love the look of the eyeliner.

I will do full product reviews when I have actually used some of these- I just wanted to get something up here on the box as it is in the sale so if you want it you will have to move quickly! I have linked the box above, it is exclusively on sale in Debenhams.

Let me know if you buy this, or if you have already bought it! What did you receive?



17 comments:

  1. The Liquid Eyeliner in Glisten is amazing! Put it on and once it dries, if you rub it it spreads a glitter. Def might have to get this box.

    http://roxysboxoftricks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try that! I tried it yesterday and love how dewy and awake it make my eyes look x

      Delete
  2. I have never tried Illamasqua! I really need to!

    Brunette in Louboutins A fashion & lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, it's a great brand :)

      Delete
  3. pretty much every illamasqua product is a good'un so this box is such a great idea, especially at the sale price! the liquid metal looks awesome & i remember lusting over that matte purple polish in their shop so i think you got a good box :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree Caroline! I was expecting at least one unwearable shade as Illamasqua can be so out there, but everything in here is so beaut- I'm a happy chappy :) xxx

      Delete
  4. What an amazing idea, I love the purple nailpolish, such a beautiful shade! Still yet to try a illamasqua product, but they look amazing

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks even better on, it drys slightly deeper than it is in the bottle and looks gorgeous and velvety x

      Delete
  5. The products look gorgeous! I have always wanted to try something from Illamasqua... there's something about the packaging that really entices me!

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie get out there and buy something from Illamasqua, I am positive that you won't regret it- all their products are so high quality! xxx

      Delete
  6. This post has made me want to purchase a mystery box. Ha. I must resist! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that purple nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the Illamasqua Alter Ego Mystery Box Set for Christmas. None of the products I got in it were things I would usually use, mainly due to the shades I was given, but it's encouraged me to try something different. I was looking forward to the lipstick the most though, and unfortunately I think it's the one product of the lot that I'll never use - it's basically gold! Oh well. Anyway, I actually posted a Youtube video on what was inside on my blog today if you're interested :)
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great set :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. i ordered this box today im so exited for it to arive i also placed a order with illamasqua, as im a makeup artist its a grate set as the products that come no matter what they are i will be able to use it, i would be so happy to get what u got though as everything looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got this, but the nail polishes I got are Radium (yellowy/lime green) and Rampage (forest green in a jelly finish) and the eyeshadows are fiasco (sky blue-I gave this to my sister)and feline (pale grey, perfect smoky eye base). Such great value though-hope they do this again next year!

    http://beautyandtheboxes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!